top of page

BSONE Peer Support Group


Resources after discharge is a topic that needs much more discovery but we are starting out with what we have hoping, if you have resources or recommendations you will help us add to our lists and organizations. 


Resources includes the following:

Books And Articles

Live Your Best Life (Complementary Therapies)

Research (for and about Burn Survivors)

Government Resources

Fact Sheets and Videos 


Gallery Pictures and Photos

Subsidized Housing


The Boston-Harvard Burn Injury Model System (BHBIMS) is one of four Burn Model Systems funded by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) and dedicated to improving the lives of burn survivors. BHBIMS strives to provide the highest level of comprehensive burn care, beginning at the time of injury and extending through rehabilitation and eventual re-entry into community life. BHBIMS is also committed to conducting rigorous research, with a specific focus on the long-term functional and psychosocial outcomes of burn injury.

BHBIMS is a collaboration of Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Shriners Hospitals for Children – Boston, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and the Boston University School of Public Health.

Eligibility Benefits and Career Retraining

The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) helps individuals with disabilities to live and work independently. MRC is responsible for Vocational Rehabilitation, Community Living and eligibility determination for the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) federal benefits programs.

MA Housing Resources

“The following housing information is from various sources and BSONE is not
related to any of the state or private resources, nor have they been


Some services available in the building like PT, etc, but not like a care-model facility.


The information provided on this webpage is for general informational purposes only.  By providing this information, our organization is not providing any endorsement, views, or advice on the part of BSONE.  BSONE does not have the resources to provide recommendations on this webpage and recommends you conduct your own research and investigation.


Specialized New England Counselors:

  • Licensed in Massachusetts: Dr. Susan Gray.  Private Practice website: for more information. Individuals (not families or couples)

If you are being seen at Spaulding for your care, you can have your clinician refer you to Dr. Gray (there may be a waitlist). Patients only (not family members). For Dr. Gray’s private practice, no in-network insurance but can provide superbills and other resources for possible reimbursement if you have out-of-network benefits.  Call for Additional Information: 339-707-5236

  • Licensed in CT:  Deborah Gaynor, LMFT, CADC, Burn Survivor:  Offering individual, couples, family sessions, and group therapy. Primary orientation is person-centered and strengths-based. Specializing in ADHD, Addiction, Alcohol Use, Anxiety, Coping Skills, Depression, Divorce, Drug Abuse, Parenting, School Issues, Self-Harming, Sexual Abuse, Substance Use, coping with disfigurement.  Call for additional information at 203-660-0450.

  • If you have suggestions for a counselor in your area please let us know by using the “Contact Us” form.

Advocacy comes in many forms...from testifying at the statehouse to letter campaigns to burn prevention.

Advocating for patients when they have no voice and no other support

Encouraging family members to be strong advocates...explaining things that only a burn survivor has been through on their recovery journey

We are a strong voice for you. 



BSONE works with many other organizations like Boston Fire Fighters Burn Foundation, Boston-Harvard Burn Injury Model Systems, NFPA, American Burn Association Face Equality International and Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors to ensure your voice is heard through us.  If you are interested in becoming active as an advocate contact us through this website.

Diana Colleen and Rob at Statehouse.jpg
Firefighters and Sparky.JPG


Help Out With Research
Independent Living



Building Bridges...Crossing Them Together


Need Legal Advice? 

I am happy to give legal advice to BSONE folks.  I have over 35 years of experience as a trial attorney, handling all manners of personal injury law suits.  These cases range from general motor vehicles and slip and falls, to product liability.   With respect to products liability, I have handled a variety of different products for defective design or failure to warn.  I even was on the Minnesota tobacco team, representing the state of Minnesota against the major tobacco companies.  I have also tried cases involving fires, including issues surrounding the cause and origin of a fire.  Many of these cases involved defective products. 


I can also help on insurance issues, and in particular, liability coverage issues.Most other legal issues, I am always happy to talk and perhaps point the person in the right direction as that would be outside my area of expertise.






bottom of page